Episode 056: Bootstrap An International Beauty Brand, with Obia Ewah
In today’s episode, we meet Obia Ewah. At the age of 26, Obia was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. This set her on a path to eliminate toxins from anything she put on or in her body. When she started making her own hair products, she never imagined that people would actually pay her for them.
Obia took this life detour during her third year of medical school and 7 years later is still growing an internationally recognized brand. Today, she uses her chemistry background to formulate products for her beauty brand, Obia Naturals. She is one of the few cosmetic chemists that’s also the founder and face of a beauty brand.
Not only is Obia a trained chemist, but she is also a savvy businesswoman that has amassed a wealth of knowledge over the past 7 years.
Go off script with us as Obia shares how she built her beauty brand, Obia Naturals.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
You’ll learn about:
- How to bootstrap a business
- Telling your story as a business owner
- Laying a strong foundation for a new business
- What most people don’t realize about launching a beauty business
- Staying relevant in a crowded industry
Mentioned in this episode:
- We want to share YOUR Off Script moments on the podcast and hear where your off script journey has taken you. Whether you’ve changed careers, ended a relationship, started a new business, moved countries, or significantly changed your mindset, we would love to share your story. If you would like to be featured as the Off Script listener of the week, send me your story at email@example.com
- If you’re looking for a community of supportive women who are looking to Go Off Script with their careers, lifestyles and businesses join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShesOffScriptCommunity
Thank you so much for listening!