Episode 081: Launching Boss Blend Coffee with Fly Carmichael
In today’s episode, we meet Kalisha “Fly” Carmichael. Fly is the founder and CEO of Boss Blend Coffee. As an Afro-Latina with Cuban roots, coffee has always been a part of Fly’s story. After years of visiting New York coffee shops, she found herself feeling out of place.
This feeling inspired her to dream of opening her own more inclusive coffee shop. Step 1 for her was creating her own coffee blend.
During our conversation Fly shares why she felt the need to leave corporate American after a 10-year career, how her personal brand sparked the growth of her business, her experience as a solopreneur, and more!
Please subscribe, rate, and review our show on iTunes. This will help spread the word about our podcast so amazing stories like Fly’s can continue to inspire women looking to launch their own Off Script journies.
Listen on Apple Podcasts
You’ll learn about:
- The importance of having a personal brand
- How she navigated leaving her 9-5
- Building a loyal community
- Launching before your business is perfect
Mentioned in this episode:
- Business Instagram: @bossblendcoffeeco
- Website: bossblendcoffee.com
- Support the BossBlend Truck: Boss Blend Coffee Gofundme page
- We want to share YOUR Off Script moments on the podcast and hear where your off script journey has taken you. Whether you’ve changed careers, ended a relationship, started a new business, moved countries, or significantly changed your mindset, we would love to share your story. If you would like to be featured as the Off Script listener of the week, send me your story at email@example.com
- If you’re looking for a community of supportive women who are looking to Go Off Script with their careers, lifestyles and businesses join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShesOffScriptCommunity
Thank you so much for listening!